SmartContent - the student guide | Working without Internet connection

What if I lose my connection during class?

The content will automatically detect if you have connection to the Internet. When the connection is lost (for example, when not the Wifi works), the system will let you know, and he will try to regain connection. You can continue working normally while it is reconnected.

If the computer fails to regain Internet access, this message will appear that will ask you to decide what you want to do:

• Try to recover the connection again.
  • Work offline mode.

If you go in Offline mode, all of the questions you answer are saved temporarily on your computer. This function will allow you to take the laptop home and be able to work if you don't have wifi, or don't want to consume your data from the Internet.

REMEMBER

The content will automatically detect that the connection has been lost but it is not able to detect that it has recovered, so we have to "tell" us.

When the computer has again connection, i.e., when the wifi is switched on, You must Press this icon that is at the top of the left.

Thus, the unit will switch back and your answers to the teacher will be sent. If you do not, the teacher can not see your work, so don't forget to re-enable your unit!

I work at home without Internet connection?

Yes, using the app off-line SmartClassroom. To do so, you must have previously downloaded the unit.

When you enter, the system will detect that there is no Internet connection and will begin to directly work in disconnected mode. You can answer all the activities normally and then, close the unit and turn off the computer.

Your answers will be temporarily stored in the app offline. When come back to access to the app offline with connection to the Internet, your answers will be sent automatically and the teacher can see them.

REMEMBER

If accessing the app offline without an Internet connection, will appear the icon that indicates that you are still working off line. If so, when you recover your Internet connection, You must Click this icon that is at the top of the left.

Thus, the unit will switch back and your answers to the teacher will be sent. If you do not, the teacher can not see your work, so don't forget to re-enable your unit!

Can I work with multiple computers?

Yes, it is possible to use multiple computers and even access online, through web browser and off-line, using the desktop app.

If you always work with Internet access, you won't have any problem and you will see your answers from any device.

If you are using the desktop app, it is very important that do not let the unit mode disconnected. If the app off line have left questions without sending (i.e. you've left work in disconnected mode) and you access with a web browser, the answers that have been given in offline will be lost.

Whether to lock in using the same web browser time and the desktop app, follow these steps:

1. Do not leave the unit in disconnected mode in the desktop app. Before the end of the session, check that you have connection to the Internet and that the unit is online. So, will always be saved your latest version.
  2. If you have worked with desktop app without internet access, to the extent, retrieves the connection to the Internet and open the unit. Thus, your latest answers to the teacher will be sent.
  3. If you work from home from a web browser on any computer, your answers will always be saved without any problem.

And remember: whenever you enter the drive from another computer, the system will send a message to check for any changes since the last time came. Thus, you will always see the latest version we have saved, with your latest replies.