To configure the parameters of tracking an authoring unit, must double click on the drive, which leads to the main panel. From here, click "Follow".
From this area you can set the following parameters:
- Indicate the score for approval. It is indicated in % (0-100). This field allows you to configure the ''mastery_score",
i.e., the score of court which the student must achieve to
exceed the unit. We must play carefully with this parameter,
taking into account the following:
- The majority of LMS platforms allow you to configure in the own LMS mastery_score Unit and can be configured to use the unit or indicated in the LMS. You have to be careful that the score that We indicate in the unit and the platform matching to avoid tracking problems.
- According to the used template, the calculation of the score (score) student gets is different. Check out the score in each template is calculated.
- Send State. Allows you to decide whether to send or not to the LMS instructions (lesson_status) state that should be displayed after overcoming the mastery_score. There are LMS that do not support the sending of this information and that it manages the own LMS.
- Send score. Allows you to decide whether to send or not to the LMS the score obtained by student ("score"). In the majority of the platforms LMS, when we do not ship the score, unless it is sent the State, to find out if the student She has completed or not the unit.
- Send or not the interactions. The interactions are a group of functions (interactions) intended to record the actions of the student activities. There are multiple data that can be recorded: type of activity, time that has been slow to respond, the number of correct answers, result of the answer... This information would enable the LMS to generate specific reports on the responses of students to the different questions and activities. There are platforms LMS, especially in publications SCORM 1.2. that you do not support sending interactions (*)
- Send objectives. There are a number of functions that allow us to define and set a series of objectives which the student must perform (objectives). The objectives can be very diverse: visit a page, complete a page (i.e. to scroll until the end), play videos or audio, answer questions, approve questions... To the student you are overcoming and achieving objectives, it can be programmed, for example, that obtain a score (score) or which, for example, is unlock the progress of the student. The data of strong them could be used by the LMS to the generation and collection of reports, but There are LMS that do not support the sending of objectives, so we must disable it.
- Include the mastery_score. This
option allows you to Manifest file to include or not the "Mastery_score", is
say, the score to pass. As we indicated above, the
most platforms allow you to configure the mastery_scorre of a unit in the own LMS. If we do not send our "mastery_score" in the manifest, is used which is defined in the LMS.
- Indicate whether it is compatible with Smart. This option will allow us to publish the unit in SmartClassroom.
- The unit after its success or failure State. These two fields only affect publications in SCORM 1.2 format. When the student obtains a score (score) top or bottom to which you have defined in the Court (mastery_score) score, units sent to the LMS platform a request of change of State (lesson_status), i.e. indication of whether has exceeded or not the unit. You can choose between: Passed/failled and Completed/Incompleted.
At the end of the configuration, remember to press "Save" at the top of the screen.
(*) If not send interactions ? student will not see your answers when you reenter the unit?
Yes you will see them equal. We recorded this in the template Basic Netex information regardless of the interactions. Store it in It is "encrypted" in the field "suspend-data".
Now well, in publications SCORM 1.2. cannot be guaranteed to always be properly store all the data string already that, by default, in most of the LMS available for the suspend-data limit in SCORM 1.2 is 4096 characters. If, for example, I created a unit with many questions or questions of the student and open response write lengthy texts, this could lead to a string of data of more than 4096 characters by what the information would be "truncated", is say, damaged by what activity would cease to behave correctly (for example, which cannot be opened).
For units where there are many questions and/or answer open questions, you It is recommended the XApi or, in their absence, SCORM2014 publication.
Customer support service by UserEcho