When a unit of authorship is now complete and we want to distribute it to students, we must publish the unit to obtain a zip file that you can use in the learning environment that will be used (an LMS platform, learningContent...).
If the review process is enabled in contentCloud, the publishing feature will be disabled until the unit is accepted.
There are several areas from which we can start the publication of a unit:
- In the details zone of the unit, in the menu options.
- From the menu of options of the unit.
To run the publication, we must indicate:
- Language. If it's a multi-language unit, we can decide if the publication is in a single language or if it will include several.
- Type of tracking, choosing among the most common (scorm, xApi...). The type of tracking with which a project can be published depends on the template. The most common types are:
- SCORM 1.2.
- SCORM 2004.
- xAPI (also known as TinCan),
- Local (tracking store on the user's computer, it does not send it to any platform).
- Zip (without tracking, a publication for web)
- Title. It is the title that will have the unit within the LMS. It is a structure of the publication data and it is incorporated in the Manifest file. The modification of the title of the unit refers to a modification of the structure of the activity, so that failures can be generated in its operation to the LMS. It is recommended not to modify it once the unit is posted in the LMS. Whether to modify, not be You can update the activity into the LMS if that will not be necessary to create a new activity. For more info, see the implications of updates of activities in the LMS of Netex.
- Version. Defines the version number of the content we publish.
- Name. The name of the zip file will be generated. If nothing is indicated, will be created with the code ID unit.
Once published the unit, you can download the publication from:
- The "Release" tab of the project.
- The "Release" tab of contentCloud. Here you will see all the publications of all the projects in which we have permissions of publication.
You can then select the unit and in its options menu, choose what to do with the publication:
- Delete. Removes the publication. Important: only removes the publication, not the unit, which we will publish as many times as you want and in so many formats as you want.
- Download. Directly download the file .zip with the contents of the publication.
- Get download link. It generates a link that you can share with other users of contentCloud to get the download.
- Publish on learningCloud. If we also have learningCloud, you can send directly to this space the publication.
If you select several publications at the same time, you can only delete them or get their download links.
Customer support service by UserEcho