Units created with the Tokyo template work as follows:
- Completeness: Units will be marked as complete once students have achieved preset goals. We can configure and customise the goals we would like to achieve (See here).
- Pass (score): The unit will send a score to the LMS if there are "Assessable" Quizzes (See here). Score calculation will depend on the number of assessable quizzes included in the unit (more info in Section 3.26.). We can configure the minimum score required to pass a unit (mastery_score) from the project Properties (See here in the Author's Guide).
Depending on the type of publication, the unit will communicate with the LMS as follows:
- Scorm 1.2. This type of tracking only sends a single piece of data to the LMS. This information is the lesson_status. Lesson status will change once the unit has been completed (all goals achieved) and the mastery score for assessable quizzes (if any) has been passed. Project properties allow setting up the unit status once the unit has been finished (complete/incomplete or passed/failed). See here in the Author's Guide).
- Scorm 2004. This type of tracking sends two types of data to the LMS:
- completed_status. The unit will be marked as complete once students have achieved preset goals.
- success_status. The unit will be marked as passed once students get a score above the preset mastery score.
So, students could complete a unit (after seeing all the screens) without passing it (because the quiz is failed).
- TinCan. In this case, student interactions are sent to the LMS. This option is not very different from Scorm 2004, so the process of completing and passing units is the same.
Customer support service by UserEcho