contentCloud Authorship Units Tracking and traceability of templates
Units created with the Tokyo, Berlin, and Vegas templates have the following behavior:
- Complete status: The unit shall be completed when the student meets the defined objectives. The editor can configure and customize the goals that you want to be reached (See here).
- Success status: The unit will send ascoreto the LMS if Questionnaires that have been set to "Evaluables" (See here)have been added. The calculation of the note will depend on the number of evaluable questionnaires the unit has. The editor can set the minimum score to exceed the unit (mastery_score) from the project properties (See here in the Author's Manual).
Units created with the Vienna template behave as follows:
- Complete status: The unit will be completed when the student views all the pages to the end and press the "Finish" button that appears in the lower area of each.
- Success status: Activities are not evaluable, so they do not send score to the platform. The unit is terminated when fully visited.
Depending on the type of publication chosen, the unit will communicate differently with the LMS:
- Scorm 1.2. With this type of trace, a single data, the status of the drive (lesson_status)is sent to the LMS. The status of the unit will change when the unit is complete (all targets are set) and the cut-off note is exceeded (if evaluable questionnaires exist). In the project properties you can configure what the status of the drive will be after complete/incomplete or passed/failed.
- Scorm 2004. With this type of tracking, two data will be sent to the LMS:
- Full-itude status (completed_status). The unit shall be completed when the defined objectives are met.
- Exceeding status (success_status). The unit will be exceeded when a score higher than the set cut-off note is obtained.
Thus, it can be given that the student has completed the unit (e.g. viewed all of its screens), but has not passed it (has suspended the questionnaire).
- TinCan. In this case, the interactions made by the student are sent to the LMS, although for practical purposes it will have the same behavior as in scorm 2004, in terms of completeness and improvement.