"Timeline" component allows creating timelines that help to explain a process (and its stages) or facts and landmarks during a time period.
A timeline can be defined by two texts: one opening plus one closing text 1 that we can configure. We can use the Next/Back button or click on the timeline points to move between different landmarks 2 . The content of each landmark is shown inside a window located over the row 3 . We can see a landmark is active thanks to the content shown over the row 4 and the legendin the navigation menu 5.
When two landmarks have the same date, we will see them grouped vertically 6
This component can be added within a screen, a pop-up or other components (like a column, for instance).
You will find this component in the group of "Cataloguer" components.
1. After adding the component, click on it and access to the "Properties" tab. You should configure:
- Number of positions. This property shows the parts we will create when dividing a timeline. For example, we could divide a timeline into 10 parts to represent a decade, and 100 parts to represent a century.
- Start text and final text. These are the texts that will help us to represent the starting point and ending point within a timeline. These points can be numbers or texts (i.e. Quaternary period).
- Overcome goal. Optional property. It allows to modify the configuration of the overcoming of the objectives of this concrete component. We can choose between:
- Inherited: this option aply the default value defined in the Completion Objectives Area (See here).
- Non objetive: this audio will not an objetive to complete the unit.
- Interact: It is necessary interact with the component to reach the objective.
- Complete: it is necessary to visit all the items of the to overcome the goal.
2. When created, a timeline includes 3 facts or landmarks by default. If needed, we can add more events from the "Add" tab.
3. Click on each event, access the "Properties" tab and adjust settings:
- Position of the event. Point where you want to put the event, according to parts or phases created within the timeline. So, if we have 10 parts (years within a decade), the second position would be "year 2" and will appear in a certain position (this position differs from timelines including 100 parts that represent years in a century).
- Event text. Text that will be shown as the legend of a landmark.
4. After configuring the events and its properties, you can:
a. Write a title and subtitle for each timeline.
b. Write a title for each event.
c. Write a text for each event.
d. Additionally, you can add an image that will be displayed next to the event.
Customer support service by UserEcho