The LONDON template is aimed at creating presentation type content.
This theme is specially designed for corporate content in which you want to show the information in slides (as you would do in a PowerPoint), which will be fully visible in any browser without scrolling.
It is important to note that it will be visible on PC and tablet, but it is not designed to be displayed on cell phones.
General browsing elements
This template features sequential navigation, using forward and backward buttons, and a top menu for quick access to unit's pages.
It also has a button to close the unit and a button to change the language unit (multi-language units).
Remember: the multi-language button will only be visible to the student when the unit is multi-language, so you don't need to remove it during the editing process.
When a unit created with the LONDON template is opened, a popup is displayed by default reminding the student of the importance of using the button to close the unit.
|Remember: if you don't want this warning to show, you can remove it: |
- Access the unit events and delete the event created to display this popup when starting the unit.
- Remove the popup.
In addition, when all the objectives defined for the unit have been completed, a last popup automatically appears.
|Remember: if you don't want this warning to show, you can remove it:|
- Access the unit events and delete the event created to display this popup when completing the unit's objectives.
- Remove the popup.
Unit creation process
This template provides a wide variety of pages:
- Cover page
- Pages to add cover chapter pages
- Pages with different content at full screen width (in one column). There is a wide variety of pages of this type: with text only, with text and interactive elements (buttons, menus ...), with videos, content galleries ...
- Pages with contents in two columns. Here a wide variety of combinations are offered where, in one column an image is offered, with an image in one column and other types of content (text, videos, buttons, menus...) in the second column.
- Pages with reinforcement questions. These are pages with non-assessable questions,designed to reinforce students' knowledge as they advance in their training. There are two variants of each question: one in which a background image is provided, only for graphic support, and another with an image that is used as a necessary element in the question (for example, look at this image and answer).
- Page with a final quiz.This is an evaluable questionnaire, in which you can add as many questions as you need.
As for popups, you can add:
- Popups with text and image
- Popups with videos
- Popups with questions. They will be very useful if you want to create an interactive video through events.
- Closing notification. This is the popup that is shown when starting the unit. By default it is already added, but if you delete it, you can add it again.
- Confirm exit. This popup appears when the Exit Unit button is pressed. By default it is already added, but if you delete it, you can add it again.
- Language selector. If you create a multi-language unit, you will need to configure this popup to incorporate all available languages and make it easier for the student to switch languages.
After adding the necessary pages and popups in the unit...
Users with Easy editing profile will be able to:
- Modify the content (replace texts, replace images, configure questions, configure menus and galleries...).
- Add some specific sections. Only in some pages it is allowed to add new sections. For example, when we have buttons on the screen, it is allowed to add new sections to add more buttons.
Users with a Professional edition profile will be able to:
- Add and modify rows and columns.
- Add new components within columns.
By default, the template has a quick access menu to the unit pages, that displays all added pages.
Therefore, it will be important to modify the name of the pages so that they are displayed correctly in the menu.
You can hide pages from the menu if you want. This will allow you, for example, to give access only to the first page of the different sections you create in the unit. To do this, you must:
- Enter the page management area and click on "Edit menu".
- Select the menu in the side area shown in the image, and, in the properties area, you will be able to click on the eye-shaped icon of each page. This will hide the pages in the menu.