Tokyo template allows to create units including additional tools for students.
- Search tool to find words. Units include this search tool by default, but we can hide it.
- Additional materials: Glossary, Help and Downloads.
- Close button. This button is helpful whenever unit contents are displayed on Smartphones. If students want their actions to be saved and sent to the training platform, they need to close the web browser tab where the unit is being displayed. After closing a unit, all tracking data are sent to the Learning Management System (LMS). Mobile users usually do not close the web browser tab, so adding this button prevents data lost.
- Downloadable PDF of each unit (See here)
- Language selector. We can choose the language of contents when displaying multilingual units (See here to know how to configure this).
This toolbar is responsive, which means this group of buttons can turn into a single drop-down icon whenever the screen width is reduced.
Most of these tools and functions can be configured from the unit Interface.
- Select the Interface
- Access to "Add content" menu.
- Add the necessary components.
|Glossary popup||Once added this component from the properties section we must link the previously created popup of the glossary.|
|Resources popup||Once added this component from the properties section we must link the previously created popup of the resources.|
Once added this component from the properties section we must link the previously created popup of the help.
|PDF Link||There are different properties that can be modified:|
Title of the button appearing on the Toolbar. It is the text that will be shown when placing the cursor over the icon.
PDF file name.
IMPORTANT. If your unit has two languages, you should assign a different name for each PDF version (i.e. content_ES.pdf and content_FR.pdf). Otherwise, a single PDF will be generated for both languages.
Include an indexDecide whether to add an index to introduce unit sections included in this document.
This PDF document will be created after publishing the unit (SeeSection 5.12. in the Author's Guide to find out how to do this), and you will be able to access it:
Show Close button
Enable or hide the Close button. It allows closing a unit in two alternative ways: closing the web browser tab or click on this button.
It is recommended that you enable this button when contents will be displayed on Smartphones.
Customer support service by UserEcho