Basic Netex template will not offer any more maintenance and will be deleted from the available templates catalogue shortly.Thus, we have made Basic Netex and Tokyo templates compatible with each other. This way, our clients will be able to migrate contents created with Basic Netex to the new Tokyo template. Then they will be able to benefit from its advantages.
Can I migrate any unit to Tokyo?
All units created with the Basic Netex template can be converted into a Tokyo template. Even so, we do not recommend migration right now in these cases:
- If you want the unit to have progressive navigation. Tokyo template only supports free navigation by now. We are developing progressive navigation.
- If the unit has a glossary linked via the "Link to glossary" component.
- If the unit has quizzes linked via the "Link to quizzes" component.
Tokyo template does not offer these two components by now, so you would need to manually create these quizzes and/or glossaries within the unit from scratch. Please wait until these elements are fully implemented in the new template, in case you consider they are essential.
How does migration from Basic Netex to Tokyo work?
- Access the "Properties" tab within the unit and out of the Editing Area.
- Go to the "Template" menu and you will see the unit is currently using the Basic Netex template. Open this menu and select the Tokyo template.
- Click on "Save" and the new template will be applied.
What should I check when migrating a unit to Tokyo?
You should always make sure changes have been applied correctly. We recommend checking the following:
- Videos. Basic Netex template offers 4 different video components, while Tokyo template offers only 1 video component. Consider checking changes have been applied paying special attention to video covers in on-line videos, as this feature was not available with the Basic Netex template.
- General layout. Make sure that customised settings for each component (size, view, colours, etc.) have been preserved.
Customer support service by UserEcho