FAQ - All different ways to enroll a user into a Sprint

Sprints can accept a single-user registration or an entire group registration, as explained in "Option C" in our manual, but we want to share with you all the possibilities you have to take advantage of our features to make an enroll.

There are several different ways to add a student to a sprint.

• Adding it manually from the sprint editor.
  • By manually adding the group this user belongs to in the sprint, from the sprint editor.
  • Adding the group this user belongs to to a channel or pathway that contains this sprint.
  • Adding the user to a group that is already registered in this sprint (directly / channel / pathway).
  • Use assignment rules to add users to groups that are already registered in sprints (directly / channel / pathway).

These options allow us many different possibilities to manage how or when we want to sign up our students.

Remember - When we are enrolling users using groups, the enrollment process is asynchronous, the time until the sprints / channels / pathways are available in the student portal will depend on the amount of users / groups that enroll and also on the workload that the server has at this moment from the rest of Netex clients.

We are working to improve this process in the near future, but keeping in mind that we will be implementing these solutions throughout the year 2020.

Other questions.

What is the difference between registration and recommendation?

The difference between registration and recommendation lies in the type of training and how the student perceives the sprint or training resource. In a registration, a type of push training is developed where a formal training content is presented, sometimes even being mandatory, to be done by the student. As such it will appear on the "my training" carousel.

In a recommendation, a more pull approach is pursued where the user is presented with a series of sprints that may be of interest to him/her and it is the user himself/herself who decides to incorporate this content into his/her formal training.

What happens when I exclude a user from a group that is enrolled in a sprint?

When I exclude a user from a group from the administration panel. The user remains registered to that training content (sprint). Since at some point the user had to face that training unit and therefore the registration is still valid.

What happens when I exclude a user from a group that is recommended in a sprint?

The user's recommendation in that training content is cancelled because he no longer belongs to a group that has a specific sprint as a recommendation. The difference in this case lies in the pull teaching mode.

What happens when I unsubscribe from a group in a sprint?

When you unsubscribe from a group in a sprint, all users who currently belong to the group are unsubscribed.

What happens when I cancel a recommendation to a group in a sprint?

When you cancel this recommendation from a sprint's to a group, all users who currently belong to the group are not able to see this recommendation any longer.

What happens when I unsubscribe a group from a channel/pathway?

The main difference lies in the type of training content that exists within that channel/pathway. The training content can be mandatory or optional. Mandatory sprints within a channel/pathway end in a group member's registration in that sprint, while optional content ends in a group member's recommendation in that sprint. Unlike individual training content. When I exclude a group from a channel/pathway, users remain enrolled in the sprints that are part of the channel/pathway and are marked as mandatory. Optional sprints whose users are recommended are not recommended. New users added to that group will no longer be enrolled since the channel/pathway group relationship no longer exists.