learningCloud (FAQ): Platform limits and recommendations
Like any content platform, learningCloud has its technical limitations and format specifications. Checking the articles related to the activities you will find indications about the recommended sizes, formats... for the contents, and some style tips. In this article you can check the technical requirements of the platform.
Total storage limit
Number of Channels
Maximum of 50 Channels created on the platform
Maximum of 50 Sprints and/or 20 Resources
Maximum of 20 Mission Blocks
Maximum of 40 Activities
500 MB per Activity
Optimize resources: "less is more".
For videos and SCORM/xAPI
|Administrator screen reports|
6 months ago
The shorter the period, the better the performance
|Grouped reports of users in a Sprint|
Descriptions up to 1,000 characters and titles of to 500 characters
Recommended browsers (two latest versions):
- Microsoft Edge (Windows, OS X, Linux, Android, iOS)
- Google Chrome (Windows, OS X, Linux, Android, iOS)
- Mozilla Firefox (Windows, OS X, Linux, Android, iOS)
- Opera (Windows, OS X, Linux, Android, iOS)
- Apple Safari (OS X, iOS)
- Cookies allowed
- Pop-up blocker disabled
- Minimum screen resolution 320x480 pixels
- LTI version 1.1
- Internet access (SaaS) required
- Firewall: open ports HTTP 80 and HTTPS 443 (with SSL enabled) on the IP of the learningCloud server
- Proxy: not applicable
- TLS 1.2
- SAML 2.0
- Simplified Chinese
- Tradicional Chinese
- Brazilian Portuguese
- The list of Sprints can be displayed in both card and list format, but both formats support paging so the number of Sprints hosted on the platform will not be affected by the performance of loading both lists.
- Sprints can be searched by name and/or tags regardless of the number of Sprints available.
- Published Sprints will be displayed in the student portal, both those that are available and those that are expired. Therefore, the "Completed" carousel will display all Sprints. So the user experience can be drastically affected if a periodic cleaning of expired Sprints is not performed.
The channel search process is performed by name only. Therefore, a larger number of channels will make channel management more difficult.
Bloques de MisiónThere is no limitation on the number of mission blocks, the recommended limitation is based only on the mode of student usage and the presentation of those blocks.
learningCloud is a platform based on microlearning, dividing related training contents into small learning modules. This process is based on the fact that fragmented contents of short duration are better adjusted to the attention span in which the human brain stays focused.
Therefore it is not recommended that a Sprint contain more than 20 mission blocks.
There is an optimal number of activities for the correct operation of the platform. When a Sprint contains a greater number of these, its performance can be exponentially affected. It is recommended to the author that the number of activities within a Sprint, regardless of the number of Mission Blocks, should not exceed 40 in total.
The points awarded by the platform to users once given cannot be deleted. They are points earned by students, therefore, even if the content that awarded these points is deleted, they will belong to the user indefinitely.
Aggregated reports in learningCloud run equally for all instances, users and Sprints within the platform.In the past, we have had performance issues that negatively affect the user experience on the platform. To avoid this problem and as a mitigating measure, the baseline take time for aggregated reporting has been adjusted to 6 months by default. This means that reports will only be calculated for those Sprints whose start date is within the last 6 months.
This date can be changed from time to time to obtain a specific report. Our recommendation is not to perform this action unless necessary and in which case, do it occasionaly.
Netex disclaims its responsibility to publish all content that is not hosted within the platform. Likewise, we recommend that such content be opened by default in a new window to avoid display problems in an embedded element.
Netex disclaims its publishing responsibility for all audiovisual content that is not hosted within the platform (Vimeo, YouTube...). These platforms and its content in particular are the responsibility of their creators, and therefore also depend on the restrictions that these providers apply to their products: restrictions on embedded publishing, dynamic links...
- Use HTML5 to avoid flash incompatibilities across platforms
- Scaling of the percentage points, since a content will return the completeness percentile, but note that the Learning product will only compute the number of points obtained
- Use these contents only in full screen to avoid embedding errors and improve their compatibility, due to the size that is lost in other devices, especially on screens of 5 inches or less, such as mobile devices.
- Content must always send a status that corresponds to the requirements of the Sprint
- If a sprint includes SCORM content, the execution of the sprint by many users simultaneously must be taken into account. Ideally, this type of Sprint should be executed by a controlled number of users at the same time for a better experience on the platform
The audio player shown is the only means offered by learningCloud for the correct playback of imported audios. For other alternatives, please contact your Learning Consultant or KAM to inform you of possible alternatives or some different use cases of the platform by other clients.
Images uploaded by authors for the creation of Sprints, Mission Blocks and Activities should be properly edited to minimize their weight. If a Sprint contains many images, ideally the weight should be kept to a minimum, even if some quality must be sacrificed, to ensure functionality and the uploading process.