learningCloud (Activities): Timeline
The last type of activities available are Timelines. This is a very useful tool in case you want to provide the learner with training content through a timeline. It is suitable for presenting the stages of a process, a succession of events and other similar concatenations.
Same as the Course Presentation or the Question Set, the Timeline has its own editor that guides you through the process of creating this type of activity.
Remember that a Timeline cannot be gamified , as it does not have any element of interactivity with the student, it is merely informative.
How to create a Timeline
Remember that in order to add a Timeline to a Sprint, it must not have been published before. If the Sprint is Published and then Unpublished, the Editor will be available, but when trying to create the Activity the system will return the error message It is not possible to change activity related data when the sprint has already been published.
Within the Editor, look for the Mission Block in which you want to include the Activity and click on the + New Activity button under it. The menu with the available types is displayed, click on the Timeline button (line with milestones icon). Two more options are displayed: Create and Explore.
Create a new Timeline
The Create option allows you to add a new Timeline that you have not used so far. Clicking on the pencil icon displays a pop-up menu to create an activity, with the following options:
- In the upper left corner, as in other types of activities, Set milestone (flag icon).
- Edit Image, in the photo icon in the upper-right corner, to select a header image for the Activity.
- Name, to assign a title to the Activity.
- Description, a brief introduction to the Activity, which will be visible to the student.
- Create timeline content, click on this space to access the editor where you can create the timeline and configure its characteristics.
- Comments, check or uncheck this flag to allow or not students to add comments to the Activity.
Click on the Create timeline content option and a new side menu is displayed with the editor to create it and all the configuration options:
- Headline, to enter the main title.
- Body Text, to enter the introductory description on the first page.
- Default zoom level, to modify it. It is equivalent to pressing the zoom in or out button a certain number of times, positive numbers zoom in and negative numbers move away.
- Background image, to select the image that will serve as the background for the activity.
- Height, to set the display size in pixels.
- Date, to add a new milestone or event to the timeline, marking the start date, end date, and assigned text.
- Eras, to add a new date range to the timeline, marking the start date, end date, and assigned text.
Once you have imported the audio and configured all the options, click on the √ SAVE button and the system proceeds to import the file and create the new Activity.
Explore an existing Timeline
Explore (file-shaped button) is the second option that appears when you try to create a Timeline, and allows you to explore all the timelines that have been previously created to select the one you want and make a new activity from it. This option helps you to reuse a timeline that has been created previously.
Clicking on it displays a new side menu with the Library, a list of all Timelines that were previously created. You can use the Search... bar at the top to enter keywords related to the activity you are looking for. When you find it, click on the flag on its left and press the √ ADD button. You will go to the same window of new activity that you saw in the previous section, but with the timeline already created.