learningCloud (Activities): Audio
Among the multimedia content that you can add to your Sprint are the Audio Activities. This is a sound track that can be used to introduce explanations, examples... any type of audio content that helps us to support the Sprint's training action.
Remember that the Audios cannot be gamified, as they don't have any element of interactivity with the student, they are merely informative.
How to create an Audio Activity
To create this type of activity first access the Learning tab, within the Learning Manager, and look for the Sprint you want to add the Image to. Click on it to enter the Editor.
Remember that in order to add Audio Activities to a Sprint, it must not have been published before. If the Sprint is Published and then Unpublished, the Editor will be available, but when trying to create the Activity the system will return the error message It is not possible to change activity related data when the sprint has already been published.
Within the Editor, look for the Mission Block in which you want to include the Activity and click on the + New Activity button under it. The menu with the available types is displayed, click on the Audio activity button (headphones icon). Two more options are displayed: Create and Explore.
Create a new Audio Activity
The Create option allows you to add a new audio file fro your computer. Clicking on the pencil icon displays a pop-up menu to create an activity, with the following options:
- In the upper left corner, as in other types of activities, Set milestone (flag icon).
- Edit Image, in the photo icon in the upper-right corner, to select a header image for the Activity.
- Name, to assign a title to the Activity.
- Description, a brief introduction to the Activity, which will be visible to the student.
- Create audio content, click on this space to access the editor where you can select the audio file and configure its characteristics.
- Comments, check or uncheck this flag to allow or not students to add comments to the Activity.
Click on the Create audio content option and a new side menu is displayed with the options:
- Source files: click on the symbol to import the audio track that you want to add to the Sprint from a new pop-up window. Two options are shown:
- Upload audio file, to import it directly from your computer.
- Paste link, to import the audio from an online URL. Once you have entered the link, click on the Insert button.
- Player mode: learningCloud offers you three types of audio players with different skins, to choose the one that suits best for the Activity:
- Minimalistic, displays a single button that plays the audio when clicked. Unable to stop playback.
- Full, displays a full frame with a play/pause button, the time counter, a progress bar, a volume control, and an option to modify the playback speed.
- Transparent, does not show any player, audio plays automatically when the Activity is opened. Unable to control playback.
- Enable controls: this option, enabled by default, allows you to disable playback controls.
- Enable autoPlay: Disabled by default, this option allows audio to start playing automatically. It is not necessary for the user to press the play button to start the audio.
- Text overrides and translations: allows you to edit and translate the texts used for the audio parameters, selecting the new language from the drop-down menu in the upper right corner. You can also edit the audio name and the error message in case of playback failure.
Once you have imported the audio and configured all the options, click on the √ SAVE button and the system proceeds to import the file and create the new Activity. This may take some time, depending on the size of the file. If you return to the Editor and the Activity appears inside the Mission Block, without any error message, it means that the file has been imported successfully.
Browse an existing Audio Activity
Explore (file-shaped button) is the second option that appears when you try to create an Audio Activity, and allows you to explore all the Audio Activities that have been previously imported into the system to select the one you want and create the new activity from it. This option helps you to reuse an Audio Activity that has been already uploaded to the platform previously.
Clicking on it displays a new side menu with the Library, a list of all Audio Activities that were previously imported. You can use the Search... bar at the top to enter keywords related to the activity you are looking for. When you find it, click on the flag on its left and press the √ ADD button. You will go to the same window of new activity that you saw in the previous section, but with the audio file already imported.
The audio player shown is the only means offered by learningCloud for the correct playback of imported audios. For other alternatives, please contact your Learning Consultant or KAM to inform you of possible alternatives or some different use cases of the platform by other clients.