learningCloud (Learning Manager): Events
An Event is a tool that allows creating and managing virtual and face-to-face sessions for students within the learningCloud platform. In this article you will see some basic notions of its different features, in order to better understand how it works.
Who can create it?
Any user with an administrator or author role can create an Event through the Learning Manager portal.
To learn more about the user permissions required for each Event action, check this article.
What elements does it have?
An Event is divided into Units, or stages that can host as many sessions as you want, although we do not recommend more than 15 sessions per unit. The units can be evaluated, so that each session can have a corresponding evaluation added to it.
An Evaluation consists of determining the minimum, maximum and cut-off marks to pass the session. Once the evaluation is configured in the unit, it can be activated for the sessions that are part of it.
The Sessions are time slots reserved to create a virtual class or a face-to-face class:
- The Virtual Class includes the URL where the corresponding virtual session will be registered, and a date and time reserved to carry out said session.
- The Face-to-Face Class includes the location and the date and time reserved for that session.
The Locations consist of spaces associated with rooms with a certain capacity of people. They can be registered in the same interface.
How are registrations managed?
There are two ways to register users for a session:
- Individual: users can be added on an ad hoc basis, one by one. Later it will be necessary to register them in the sessions you want them to attend.
- Groups: users can be enrolled through groups, all together. The process is the same as for individual enrollment, but all users within a group must be registered.
The actions derived from the management of users and groups is similar to the enrollment in Sprints:
- Even if a user is removed from a group that was enrolled in an Event session, the user will remain enrolled in that session.
- Even if a group that was enrolled in an Event session is deleted, the users that belonged to the group up to that point will remain enrolled in the session.
When creating a session you can select the type of registration you want. Direct, as we explained in the previous section, or Self-enrollment. This means letting the student register freely in the sessions that interest him.
In this case the administrator (teacher) will be able to select a deadline for enrollment, which will never exceed the start date of the session. The student will have an action button in the student portal to reserve his place, and the system will inform him of the remaining days to apply. If the session no longer has available places, the button will be disabled to prevent further enrollment.
How is it evaluated?
In the sessions of an Event you can simply mark the attendance or not of the student, or make them evaluable. To meet the criteria of passing an Event with evaluable sessions, two conditions must be met:
- the student has attended the sessions
- the student has passed the cut-off mark for all the evaluable sessions of the Event
Events introduces a new role for the sessions, the Teacher role. When adding users to a session you can set one of them to have this permission. This will allow him, besides following the session as any other student, to be able to evaluate based on the criteria determined by the administrator, and mark the attendance of the students enrolled in the session.
Video call tools
Eventos integrates via API with three video call tools:
- Google Meets
- Microsoft Teams
This allows the addition of a video call link from one of these three tools when creating a virtual or physical session. The use of these tools can be configured at the platform level, can be changed at any time and can be completely disabled if required. Students will be able from their sessions to launch the URL provided by the tools directly from the student portal.
The type of license tool will depend on the client, the restrictions of the license contracted by the client will be applied.
How to access?
A new carousel will appear on the student portal showing upcoming Events, grouped by the next available session.
In the student portal a new carousel will appear showing the Events in which he has the role of teacher. The difference, as we mentioned above, is to be able to evaluate the students, when the evaluation is enabled, and in any case to mark the attendance.