learningCloud (Learning Manager): Awards
The Awards page is another of the main tools of the Learning Manager. It allows us to see an overview of the scores and awards of the users in the platform. Here we can check the global ranking and the particular data of each one, check and edit the badges, and give new rewards.
It has two sections, which we can be accessed through the menu on the right side of the screen:
The first section is a global ranking of the users of the platform. It is the same as the one we have on the Achievement page within My Learning. The difference is that here we can see the entire list, not just the top ten, and also check the data of each individual user.
At the top is the podium with the three best classified, and then a list by rows of the rest of the users. For each user we can see:
- his position in the ranking.
- his profile avatar.
- his first and last name.
- the number of points he has accumulated.
The list initially shows the first ten classified. To expand the list and see the next ten, just click the SHOW MORE button at the bottom.
By default, the Global Ranking shows the avatars and names of each one to the rest of the users. But if we want to preserve privacy and maintain anonymity in the list, there is an option within the Configuration section (cogwheel in the upper right). Within the General tab we look for the Rating section, which gives us three options:
- Complete: all users can see the profile images, name and surname of the other participants.
- Anonymous users: All users will be shown with an anonymous avatar image and the alias "anonymous".
- Custom: Users will be able to customize the image and the alias with which their profile will be displayed in the rankings.
Clicking on any user will display a side menu with a more detailed record of each user's academic data. Including the Trainings in which he has been enrolled and his progress, the Awards he has obtained, and his Personal Information.
This tab is the same as the one we can access from the Users page. To learn more about its contents, see the related article.
In addition to consulting the academic data, in this section we can also reward users with new badges and points.
In each of the profiles we see a blank box that allows you to select it, if you click on it a check appears indicating that it is selected. We can choose one or several users at the same time.
Selecting profiles highlights the AWARD option in the upper right. Clicking on it displays a side menu, with a box to specify the number of points, and a list of all the badges available to mark the ones we want to award. Points and badges can be awarded at the same time, or just only one of the two. Once checked, click on the SAVE button to make the changes effective.
The second section of this page is used to create and manage the badges that will be awarded to users in training sessions. By clicking on the menu access on the left, you will have access to the complete list of badges that have already been created, with a preview of their avatar, title and description. The first thirty badges are displayed according to the selected order criteria (by default, the most recent ones), and the SHOW MORE button at the bottom of the list allows you to see the next ones.
At the top right there is a drop-down menu that allows us to change the order in which the insiginias are displayed. We can sort by Name or Date, and this order can be Ascending or Descending.
At the upper left there is an icon with a magnifying glass, clicking on it displays a Search box, with which allows you to filter the list and search for certain badges in particular. To do this, type the keywords, press the Enter key, and the list returns the related results.
If you want to create a New Badge, you must click on the + button at the bottom right. A side menu will be displayed where you must fill in several sections:
- Edit image: by default the platform assigns a simple avatar to the badge, which you can change for any image you want. Clicking on the small button next to it, you access the selection menu, where you can choose your Own Image or any of those available in the Online Gallery.
- Title: the name that will designate the badge.
- Description: a brief description with the meaning of the badge, visible to all users.
- Criteria: the requirements to obtain the badge, visible also to all users.
- Issuer: name and website of the organization awarding the badge.
When you finish filling in these fields, click on the ADD button at the top right to create the new badge.
Edit a badge
Next to the title of each badge there is a three-dot drop-down menu that gives access to two options:
- Edit: displays the same side menu used when creating the badge, and from which we can modify the badge characteristics: title, description, avatar...
- Delete: allows you to delete the badge from the instance permanently. However, you cannot delete a badge that is currently being used in any Training. If you do so, the platform returns an error box, reporting the Activities or Sprints in which it is being used.
Therefore, in order to delete the badge you must first remove it from these trainings.
Remember that if you delete a badge, it will no longer be used in the future, but it will not disappear from the award history of users who have already earned it.
Delete a badge
There is also another way to delete badges. If you click on the empty box next to the avatar of each one, the DELETE button in the upper right will be highlighted. By clicking on it, you can delete several badges at once, as many as you have selected.