learningCloud (Learning Manager): Users
Users is the learningCloud tool that allows quick queries on students' academic data, with a detailed summary of each student's progress. Find out more about its functionality and permissions by checking this article.
Here we will go over what are its different sections and what each one can provide us with.
Entering the Learning Manager, in the top central part look for the Users tab and click on it. It gives access to a page like this:
It shows a list of the users that you manage, distributed in rows, with the following sections:
- Search for users: at the top there is a search bar that you can use to filter the list and search for certain users. To do this, enter the keywords, press the Enter key and the platform will show a list of related users.
- Name: the left column shows the first and last name, which can be different from the user nickname.
- Email: the middle column shows the user's contact email.
- Modified: the right column shows the date of the last profile modification. It may match the creation date if no changes were made, but not necessarily.
- Page: at the bottom there is a browser by pages, which allows to scroll through the list of users. By default the tool displays 20 users per page, although it can be increased to 50 in this same bar.
The list of users displayed will depend on our user's access. If the user is a Global Administrator, we will be able to see all the users of the instance. But if the user is a Group Administrator you will only have access to users who belong to the groups or organizations to which we are assigned.
Clicking on any of the users in the list displays a side menu with information about him distributed in three tabs. This is the same menu that can be seen in the Leaderboard section of the Awards page.
The first tab shows all the courses or Trainings in which the user was enrolled, both those that are currently open and those that have already been closed. These calls are divided into four sections:
- In Progress: the trainings that the user is currently taking or carrying out.
- Completed: the trainings that the user has completed so far.
- Not started: the trainings in which the user was enrolled, but has not yet started.
- Not completed: the trainings that have already been finished but the user was not able to complete within the deadline.
Under these four categories there is the list of trainings that belong to each one, with the following sections:
- Search: at the top right there is a magnifying glass icon. Clicking on it, a search box appears to filter the results, by typing keywords and pressing the Enter key.
- Title: the first column contains the name of each training.
- Points: the number of points the user obtained in that training.
- Progress: the percentage of the training that the user has completed so far, complemented by a progress bar.
- State: reflects the current status of the training. It can be Closed or Open, depending on whether or not it has reached its deadline.
- SHOW MORE: If the number of trainings in the category is more than five, only the first five are displayed. This button allows you to display the next ones.
The second user tab displays the information regarding all the Awards or rewards that the user has achieved throughout his training.
It consists of four sections
- Position: in the upper left, it shows the user's position in the global ranking of the platform, determined by the number of points he has received in the training sessions.
- Points: in the central part, it shows the total points that the user has received throughout all the training sessions in which he has participated.
- Number of badges: on the right, the number of badges the user has received for completing the trainings.
- Badges: the rest of the screen shows by a list of all the badges that the user has achieved, with their title and icon.
The third tab shows two sections where we can check the user's personal data:
- Basic Information: the user name, contact email, name, surname and language selected for the contents.
- Demographic Information: user's location with data related to gender, locality and country.