learningCloud (Multi-organization): Tutorial "How to build a Multi-organization" Part 2
Practical example of Multi-organization
Let's continue with the second part of this tutorial where we will see the creation of a Multi-organization step by step. Remember that we are working on a learningCloud instance that will serve as a training platform for the construction company "Constructia", an organization composed of a series of companies, including the architecture studio "Sketches" and the electrical installer "Lux".
If you arrived here first, we recommend that before continuing you take a look at the first part of this tutorial: Multi-organization, add Users and Organizations.
- We now switch to the learningCloud tool through the Quick Access. We click on the Settings icon in the gear wheel, and within the new menu we select the Catalogs tab. Clicking on the button to create a new catalog will generate three different catalogs:
- “Sketch Catalog" for the educational content of this particular company,
- “Lux Catalog" for the installer's catalog,
- and a third one called "Constructia Catalog" that we will use for the training courses common to the two companies already mentioned .
- With the list of catalogs created, click on the three-dot menu of each catalog to manage the Authors that will have access to each catalog:
- To the "Sketch Catalog" we will add the people in charge of architectural training in this company .
- To the "Lux Catalog" those of electrical installations.
- And to the "Constructia Catalogue" those in charge of general training such as Administration, Health and Safety…
If we have created a global Author that belongs to both organizations, we will assign him to the three catalogs so that he can monitor them.
- Finally, in the same three-point menu we will manage the Organizations to which each catalog will be assigned:
- The "Sketch Catalog" will be assigned to the "Sketch Organization”.
- The "Lux Catalog" will be assigned to the "Lux Organization”.
- The "Constructia Catalog" will be assigned to both organizations, as it will provide common training for both.
- With the structure of organizations and catalogs created, it is time for the Authors to start working on the educational contents or Sprints. Important: remember to label each Sprint with the catalog to which it belongs.
- With the first Sprints elaborated and published, we proceed to summon the employees to start their training. Logging into learningCloud as a global or Group Administrator, in the Training tab overview we look for the Sprint we want, and click on the three-dot drop-down menu to select the New Training option:
- Important: when creating the training, assign the Organization or company to which it will be destined.
- The organization must be in accordance with the Catalog to which the Sprint belongs. If we create a training for a Sprint from the "Sketch Catalog", we must assign it to the "Sketch Organization", since it will be the employees of this company who will take the training.
Remember that only one organization can be assigned per training. If we want to provide a common training with Sprints from the "Constructia Catalog", we will have to create two different trainings: one for the "Sketch Organization" and one for the "Lux Organization”.
- Once they have been generated, we access the side section Trainings where we will see the list with all the ones we have created. To assign employees to each one, click on the drop-down menu with three dots, on the option Student summoned:
- We can choose the Group management option if we want to add all employees belonging to a particular Organization or Subgroup at once. For example, for a general training on occupational hazards in installations that would affect all employees of the company "Lux", we will look for the "Lux Organization" that we have created in the list and add it to the Training. If, on the other hand, it is a particular training on a new type of electrical panel that affects only those who are going to handle them, we can select only the subgroups "Installers" or "Warehouse personnel”.
- If we have a very specific training that involves some particular employees from different departments, we can call each one separately through the option Individuality. We can also use it to add other employees who do not belong to the Subgroups we have convened.
- Important: we can only summon employees and groups that belong to the Organization we have selected when creating the Summons.
- Therefore, as we pointed out in the previous section, if we want to convene a general "Constructia Catalog" training, for example about the clocking-in system, we will have to create two different Trainings on the same Sprint. And within each one add each Organization to summon all employees.
When making the trainings for the Channels, the selection process follows the same steps.
- Once our content has been published and the employees have been invited, we can begin to consult their progress in the training and the results they have achieved. Remember that at least 24 hours must pass since the publication to be able to process and display the first results. And that the data displayed will correspond to the previous day.
- We must access the Reports tab within the learningCloud, with a user that has the Administrator access:
- If we log in as General Administrator, we will have access to the data of all the employees and formations of the corporation, that is, to the entire instance.
- If we simply want to access the data of a specific company, for example of the employees of "Sketch", we will access with the profile of one of the Group Administrators of the "Sketch Organization”.
- If, for example, we want to see the evolution of the trainings that affect the employees of the company "Lux", both those belonging to the particular "Lux Catalog" and to the general "Constructia Catalog", we will access with one of the profiles that manage the "Lux Organization ”:
- In each entry of the list we will see the results of an employee for a particular Sprint. Therefore we will have as many results as the number of employees we have called to each Sprint. If an employee is called to more than one Sprint, a result will appear under his name for each of them.
- To narrow down the information, we can use the Group Filter located at the top right. With it we can select any specific Organization or Subgroup and limit the results displayed. For example, within the "Organization Lux" we can limit the results to only the employees "Installers" or "Warehouse personnel”.
- In addition to the existing data Categories, we can add other new columns by clicking on the gear icon at the top right, which will display a menu with all the available categories. For example, in addition to the Status or Score, we can consult the Last Access.
- Once we have the groups of employees and categories of results we want to consult, we can export a Report in CSV format. To do this, click on the EXPORT button at the top right of the list, and go to the side section Report History. A new entry will appear with our username and the date on which we created the report, and we simply click on the DOWNLOAD REPORT button next to it.
- We will repeat the process as many times as we want filtering by the rest of the organizations ("Sketch Organization") or subgroups ("Administrative", "Quantity Surveyors"...) to obtain the reports of the different departments.