The header format will be the following:
|Office Phone||Mobile Phone||Interests||About me||Location||lcloud||lcentral||lsocial|
The same file used for exporting users can be used as template for importing the users in the system. In that case, is important to meet the following conditions:
- As the headers can be localized in different languages the basic user data will be get according its position in the CSV.
- The role data must be located in the final CSV columns according to the following rules:
- The header is the short name of the plattform.
- Its value will be a list (separated by commas) of valid roles in the plattform.
- The cloud column will be the first column of existing roles (it's useful as marker).
The following table tries to summarize the meaning of each column and the possible values.
Click on the image to download the guide on pdf format.
The peculiarities of each operation must be taken into account in order not to make mistakes:Operation D does not need more information than username, since that is enough to know which user to remove, and it will remove it from all the platforms where it exists.
- Operation D does not need more information than username, since that is enough to know which user to remove, and it will remove it from all the platforms where it exists.
- Therefore, we must be careful not to try to remove a user from a platform by indicating this operation and the platform from which we want to remove him, since the user will be removed completely (removing from a platform should be done with operation U indicating empty all the platforms from which you want to remove).
- If the user is active, we must set the enabled field to false
Looking at the import trend, we are going to give margins associated with risks of being interrupted by the duration of the imports themselves.
Low to very low risk: Imports from <1000 users
Assumable/acceptable risk: Imports between 1000 and 2000 users
High risk: Imports between 2000 and 3000 users
High or very high risk: Imports from more than 3000 users
The fragmentation of the csv following the indicated instructions is strongly recommended. If you follow these guidelines, you will get a better optimization of the resources available on your platform.
Customer support service by UserEcho