When a unit of authorship is now complete and we want to distribute it to students, we must publish the unit to obtain a zip file that you can use in the learning environment that will be used (an LMS platform, learningContent...).
If the review process is enabled in contentCloud, the publishing feature will be disabled until the unit is accepted.
There are several areas from which we can start the publication of a unit:
- In the details zone of the unit, in the menu options.
- From the menu of options of the unit.
To run the publication, we must indicate:
- Language. If it's a multi-language unit, we can decide if the publication is in a single language or if it will include several.
- Type of tracking, choosing among the most common (scorm, xApi...). The type of tracking with which a project can be published depends on the template. The most common types are:
- SCORM 1.2.
- SCORM 2004.
- xAPI (also known as TinCan),
- Local (tracking store on the user's computer, it does not send it to any platform).
- Zip (without tracking, a publication for web)
- Title. It is the title that will have the unit within the LMS. It is a structure of the publication data and it is incorporated in the Manifest file.
- Version. Defines the version number of the content we publish.
- Name. The name of the zip file will be generated. If nothing is indicated, will be created with the code ID unit.
Once the drive is published, the folio can be downloaded from:
- The "PUBLICATIONS" tab of the project. Here we will see only the publications of that project.
- The general "PUBLICATIONS" tab of contentCloud. Here we will see all the publications of all the projects in which we have publishing permissions.
To locate a post:
1. New columns can be added with the relevant information of the publications (title, language, configuration, published by...), up to a total of 8 columns.
2. In addition, filters can be made by title, project, publication date, template...
Next, you can select the unit and, in its options menu, choose what to do with the publication:
- Go to the unit. Provides direct access to the drive's management area.
- Download. Directly download the .zip with the contents of the publication.
- Get download link. Generates a link that can be shared with other contentCloud users to get the download.
- Delete. Deletes the folio. Look, only the publication is deleted, not the drive, which you can publish as many times as you want and in as many formats as you want.
If we select multiple posts at once, we can only delete them or get their download links.
Customer support service by UserEcho