Activities with "Drag & Drop" answers allow students to use drag & drop actions to link concepts moving some elements to specific targets.
This type of activity is divided in three areas:
A. Wording area. It includes a sample text by default, but other components can be added as images, audios, and videos.
B. Answer options. This section consists of two arrows. The upper row includes "Target" buttons and the bottom row includes the "Origin" buttons.
C. Feedback. It is possible to configure positive or negative feedback for each question. Apart from text, feedback can also include an image.
- Step 1. Set up activity properties
- Step 2. Set up the wording
- Step 3. Set up answer options
- Step 4. Configure feedback
Step 1. Set up activity properties
After adding the activity, go to the "Properties" tab and configure:
This property allows choosing two view options:
Score required to mark activities as complete and get a positive feedback. Getting a 100% score is required by default.
This property is only avaliable with a quiz with a "Quiz" view. All the questions have the same weight by default, but we can modify how each question counts towards the final score. See here to know how to calculate quiz scores depending on the weight of its questions.
This is only applied when we add questions within a quiz with an "Activity block" view (see here).
This property allows indicating the number of attempts available to complete the activity.If you want unlimited attempts, write "0" attempts. (It will only be finished after overcoming the activity).
Number of origins per row
Number of origin items per row. If we use the "View" type "Vertical" we must indicate 1 unique target per row.
Number of targets per row
Number of target items per row. If we use the "View" type "Vertical" we must indicate 1 unique target per row.
|Origin size||By default, the origins and targets occupy the same space. As with the columns in the rows (See here), We can modify the space occupied by the origins, giving it a width between 1 and 12 spaces.|
|Targets size||We can also modify the width of the destinations, applying a width between 1 and 12 spaces.|
Step 2. Set up the wording
1. Write the text for the question (see here the setup options available for texts).
2. Optionally, you can add more components within the wording. Make sure you select the wording (you will easily find it with the breadcrumb trail) before going to the "Add" tab and include the components you need.
Step 3. Set up answer options
3. When created, activities include two elements by default: "Origin" and "Target". If you need to add more elements, select the activity and add new "Origin" and "Target" items from the "Add" tab.
4. Select each "Target". It is possible to add a reference text or image from the "Add" tab.
5. Then access the "Properties" tab and define a title for each target.
6. Then select each "Origin", go to the "Properties" tab and choose its Target, that is, the correct target option for each origin option.
Step 4. Configure feedback
Finally, write the texts of positive and negative feedback to finish the setup.
As you can see, the text can be replaced by an image.
If you do not want to include any feedback, you can delete it.
Customer support service by UserEcho