Tokyo - Components | Image Exchanger
"Image exchanger" is a component that shows an image and, when students click on it, another image is shown.
This component is added within the screens by default (See here), but it can also be added inside other components (for example, a Highlight, an Accordion, a Row, etc.)
You will find this component in the group of "Image" components.
It is a complex component that contains two images. The component and its images have specific properties. In order to configure it correctly, we should select each element individually. We can select elements from the breadcrumb trail and from the "Structure".
1. Configure general "Properties" of this component.
2. Configure the content of "Instruction" component that is added by default at the bottom. If you wish, you can delete it.
3. Select the first image and access the "Properties" tab. You should at least go to "Resource" and click on "Examine" to browse and select an image from the unit Resources folder (see here). We can configure an "Alternative text", which will be shown when placing the cursor over the image or when the image cannot be loaded.
Additionally, we can use the "Add" tab, we can add:
- Credits offering specific properties to define image colours and position (up, down, right, left, etc.)
- A Caption located under the image. This component has the same specific properties than the "Text" component. (In order to learn how these properties work, visit here)
4. Select the second image and repeat the same process. The second image can also have its own "Caption". As mentioned before, whenever students click on an image, a different image is shown. This image can have an associated text.
Image exchanger Properties
This property allows changing the space occupied by a component inside a central column of contents. This component occupies 100% of the space by default. Text size can be reduced to other preset percentages or can be displayed in full-size. For some quote styles, "Full" width makes quotes lay over the central column.
This property allows placing the component on the right, on the left or on the centre of the central column where contents are shown. It can only be used when applied "Width" is less than 100%.
It allows inserting a component and "wrap" it with a text.
It allows to modify the configuration of the overcoming of the objectives of this concrete component. We can choose between: