Issue regarding maximize button in video resourcers in channels

• updated
  • Answered

Screenshot from channel resource video:

Image 11261

Vimeo Preset:

Image 11262

Why would hiding the url result in the maximise button being disabled?

When it is hidden the video is embedded within play but I would still expect to have a maximise button to fill up my screen with the video minus the yellow play bar at the top.

Image 11263

Pinned replies
Paco López Gómez
  • Answer
  • Answered

EN 

Hello VideoArts,

After consultation with our product department they explained that In the first option, it says "hide url, and display directly in a fullscreen window". Therefore, it makes sense not to display the fullscreen button, as it interprets that it is going to be released automatically in fullscreen mode.

Then the option that you select in learningCloud, will show it (depending on the option that is chosen) in the small box, in fullscreen window or new window fullscreen (taking into account the option indicated active in the 3 cases).

We hope this info can clarify this behave.

Regards.

ES

Hola VideoArts,

Después de consultar con nuestro departamento de productos, explicaron que en la primera opción, dice "hide url, and display directly in a full screen window" (ocultar url, y mostrar directamente en una ventana de pantalla completa). Por lo tanto, tiene sentido no mostrar el botón de pantalla completa, ya que interpreta que va a ser liberado automáticamente en modo de pantalla completa.

A continuación, la opción que seleccione en learningCloud, se mostrará (dependiendo de la opción que elija) en el recuadro pequeño, en pantalla completa o en ventana nueva pantalla completa (teniendo en cuenta la opción indicada activa en los 3 casos).

Esperamos que esta información pueda aclarar este comportamiento.

Saludos.

Paco López Gómez
  • Answered
Videoarts

Hi Francisco,

I've tried recreating this on my phone to take a vieo capture for you but I'm unable to enrol onto any sprints on my phone. I've logged an issue with your team about this already, but it's stoping us from showing you what we mean. Here's the other ticket: https://community.netexlearning.com/helpdesks/3/tickets/5294-18104-learning-cloud-app-sprint-details-not-able-to-load-and-cannot-enrol-onto-courses

The bar is shown in the Android app, and I think the iOS app, too but I haven't confirmed that because Will is out of the office, but I'm sure you are able to check this for yourselves. It does not appear in Chrome on my phone.

Thanks

Jon

Paco López Gómez
  • Waiting reporter's answer

Hello Will,

Please answer some questions to have a better scenario about your experience with our tool.

This yellow bar is shown in Next generation Mobile App, iOS and Android? 

Is also present when you are using your mobile web browser, which one? 

After your answers we will get back to our research.

Kind Regards

Videoarts

Hi Francisco,

It's full screen in terms of it fills the frame of the platform but not the entire screen of the device its being viewed on. Also the yellow bar at the top is an issue, especially on mobile devices where it can obstruct a user's view of the video. Is there any way to have it improved so the yellow bar isn't visible?

Best Regards

Will

Paco López Gómez
  • Answer
  • Answered

EN 

Hello VideoArts,

After consultation with our product department they explained that In the first option, it says "hide url, and display directly in a fullscreen window". Therefore, it makes sense not to display the fullscreen button, as it interprets that it is going to be released automatically in fullscreen mode.

Then the option that you select in learningCloud, will show it (depending on the option that is chosen) in the small box, in fullscreen window or new window fullscreen (taking into account the option indicated active in the 3 cases).

We hope this info can clarify this behave.

Regards.

ES

Hola VideoArts,

Después de consultar con nuestro departamento de productos, explicaron que en la primera opción, dice "hide url, and display directly in a full screen window" (ocultar url, y mostrar directamente en una ventana de pantalla completa). Por lo tanto, tiene sentido no mostrar el botón de pantalla completa, ya que interpreta que va a ser liberado automáticamente en modo de pantalla completa.

A continuación, la opción que seleccione en learningCloud, se mostrará (dependiendo de la opción que elija) en el recuadro pequeño, en pantalla completa o en ventana nueva pantalla completa (teniendo en cuenta la opción indicada activa en los 3 casos).

Esperamos que esta información pueda aclarar este comportamiento.

Saludos.

Commenting is disabled