Excluded

REQUEST: add a document as source in a sprint

The Courseware Company (NL) 11 months ago updated 8 months ago 8

In the channels you can add a document as a source. This is also requested for the sprints by our customer.

Answer

Answer
Accepted

EN

Hello, 

In learningCloud there isn't an option to upload a document just yet. But you can upload a URL as a source (like in channels).

this option is available under  external activity

Once you add a new external activity (source) you need to add the URL, the options of display and even gamification if you want. 

Regards,

ES

Hola, 

En learningCloud no hay una opción para cargar un documento todavía. Pero puede cargar una URL como fuente (como en los canales). esta opción está disponible en el campo de actividad externa.

Una vez que agregue una nueva actividad externa (fuente), debe agregar la URL, las opciones de visualización e incluso la gamificación si lo desea.

Saludos

Hi Josman,

I understand what you mean now. I would like to request the possibilty to add one (or more) document(s) as a source in the sprint. So not as an activity, but where the sprint description is.

A URL is not the workaround the client wants to use.

Thanks,

Irma

Hi Josman,

that was not what I meant with this request.

In the channel you have sources:

Here or in the detailspage we would like to add a document.

Please look into this again.

Regards,

Irma

Hello Irma,

Thank you for your answer and sorry for the misunderstood. Actually, there is no option to add a document as a resource neither on channels nor on Sprints. 

We know that this is a requirement and we'll eventually implement it, but for now, there is no date about when this will be done. If you want I could recommend a workaround that consists of adding a URL of a document uploaded in a tool like dropbox or google drive.

Thank you, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards

Dear Josman,

I'm very confused by your answer. You say it is not possible to add a document in a sprint nor in a channel, but i've added a printscreen in my previous message that shows that it does exist in channels. (kanaal = channel in Dutch, bronnen = sources)

Are we speaking of the same thing? Because it does not seem as if we do.

Please look into this again and please let me know if anything is unclear.

Irma

Hello Irma, 

Sorry for the misunderstanding. In a Channel as well as in a Sprint you can only add a URL of an external source. It could either be a webpage or a link to a dropbox (drive) file holding a pdf, it could be anything that has a URL accessible from everywhere. 

So if you want to add a document or a pdf you need to add it to a drive application first to grab the public URL and then add this URL as an external activity in a Sprint or a link in a channel. 

Thank you so much

Excluded

After this last Product Owner's answer we set the thread as Excluded from our Roadmap. 

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards

Answer
Accepted

EN

Hello, 

In learningCloud there isn't an option to upload a document just yet. But you can upload a URL as a source (like in channels).

this option is available under  external activity

Once you add a new external activity (source) you need to add the URL, the options of display and even gamification if you want. 

Regards,

ES

Hola, 

En learningCloud no hay una opción para cargar un documento todavía. Pero puede cargar una URL como fuente (como en los canales). esta opción está disponible en el campo de actividad externa.

Una vez que agregue una nueva actividad externa (fuente), debe agregar la URL, las opciones de visualización e incluso la gamificación si lo desea.

Saludos