Forum administration

• updated
  • Answered

Hi guys,

I'm trying to find how to moderate or delete posts from the general forum in LearningCloud.

As an administrator I would think I should be able to moderate comments and delete those which are not appropriate but I can't see any forum controls in the admin platform.

Is there any documentation on how the forum works anywhere?

Thanks

Jon

Pinned replies
anonymous
  • Answer

EN

Hey Jon!

Thanks for your query. You can moderate the forum from an admin perspective by going to the dashboard and clicking on the speech bubble in the lower right hand side.

From here you have the option to reply to a comment and ask them to remove it, or you can 'flag' content which as an admin removes the comment from the forum. I've made a video below to walk you through the steps. 

If you have any other queries please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Forum 

ES

Gracias por su consulta. Puedes moderar el foro desde una perspectiva de administrador yendo al panel de control y haciendo clic en la burbuja de voz en la parte inferior derecha.

Desde aquí tienes la opción de responder a un comentario y pedirle que lo elimine, o puedes `marcar' contenido que como administrador elimina el comentario del foro. He hecho un video abajo para guiarte a través de los pasos.

Si tiene alguna otra pregunta, no dude en ponerse en contacto con nosotros.

Videoarts

Hi Ebonie,

Yes there are lots of reasons why you might want to delete a post:

1. The content is no longer relevant or accurate.

2. It looks untidy to have lots of posts marked as inappropriate.

3. A user may have left and you want to remove their comments and all replies.

4. The content is offensive to the admins who can still see it even when marked as inappropriate.

5. Content marked as inappropriate has a stigma to it for the poster, so deleting it may be preferable.

That's just five off the top of my head... I think deleting posts is quite an obvious function to have that I'm very surprised isn't there already.

Thanks

Jon

anonymous

Hey,

Unfortunately, not at this time. If you like I can submit this as a suggestion. However, would you be able to give me a use case as to why an admin may want to remove the post?  

I don't know if this has any bearing to how you would expect the functionality to work, but the user isn't notified when it's flagged, it's just the message on the forum.

Kind regards,

Ebonie

Paco López Gómez
  • Answered
Quote from Videoarts

Thanks guys!

So is it not possible to delete posts as an admin?

There are many cases where we don't want to mark comments as 'inappropriate' because that makes it sound like the user said something bad.

Thanks

Jon

Unfortunately not. only the user who created the message will have access to edit his comment.

This functionality is planned to be replaced for a more advanced forum during present year.

Thanks.

Videoarts

Thanks guys!

So is it not possible to delete posts as an admin?

There are many cases where we don't want to mark comments as 'inappropriate' because that makes it sound like the user said something bad.

Thanks

Jon

Paco López Gómez

Hi,

All actual functionalities of our forums are explained also in the last part of this article.

Regards

anonymous
  • Answer

EN

Hey Jon!

Thanks for your query. You can moderate the forum from an admin perspective by going to the dashboard and clicking on the speech bubble in the lower right hand side.

From here you have the option to reply to a comment and ask them to remove it, or you can 'flag' content which as an admin removes the comment from the forum. I've made a video below to walk you through the steps. 

If you have any other queries please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Forum 

ES

Gracias por su consulta. Puedes moderar el foro desde una perspectiva de administrador yendo al panel de control y haciendo clic en la burbuja de voz en la parte inferior derecha.

Desde aquí tienes la opción de responder a un comentario y pedirle que lo elimine, o puedes `marcar' contenido que como administrador elimina el comentario del foro. He hecho un video abajo para guiarte a través de los pasos.

Si tiene alguna otra pregunta, no dude en ponerse en contacto con nosotros.

Paco López Gómez
  • Searching answer
 Commenting is disabled