NetexCloud & LearningCloud accessibility compliance

• updated
  • Answered

I have a question about how compliant NetexCloud & Learning cloud are with W3C standards? I couldn't find any information in the knowledge base about this subject.

Best Regards

Pinned replies
Paco López Gómez
  • Answer
  • Answered

EN

Hello,

After many discussions with our Product Owners from different platforms (netexCloud, learningCloud, etc.)  unfortunately we not going to give any documentation of World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) because learningCloud is a platform in full expansion and from a start (unfortunately) was created not focused  in accessibility. 

Therefore, start now would mean a refactoring and further roadmap delays that neither the company nor our customers are willing to assume. From now on, Netex will put more effort to adapt our actual modules if in the future we decide to perform this accessibility improvement but the scope, complete adaptation and documentation release won't be part of our roadmap next 2020 and will be retake into discussion for 2021. 

To summarize, the commun point on the discussions was that it only can be achieved when we reach a point of stabilization that makes it development assumable.

Thanks in advance for sharing your concerns we take into account every question and idea raised in this portal.

Kind Regards

ES

Hola,

Después de muchas discusiones con nuestros Product Owners de diferentes plataformas (netexCloud, learningCloud, etc.) desafortunadamente no vamos a dar ninguna documentación del World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) porque learningCloud es una plataforma en plena expansión y desde un principio (desafortunadamente) no fue creada de cara a su accesibilidad.

Por lo tanto, empezar ahora significaría una refactorización y más retrasos en la hoja de ruta que ni la empresa ni nuestros clientes están dispuestos a asumir. A partir de ahora, Netex se esforzará más en adaptar nuestros módulos actuales si en el futuro decidimos realizar esta mejora de la accesibilidad, pero el alcance, la adaptación completa y la liberación de la documentación no formarán parte de nuestra hoja de ruta en el próximo año 2020 y se retomarán en la discusión para el año 2021.

En resumen, el punto común de las discusiones fue que sólo se puede lograr cuando se alcanza un punto de estabilización que hace que el desarrollo sea asumible.

Gracias de antemano por compartir sus inquietudes, tomamos en cuenta cada pregunta e idea planteada en este portal.

Saludos cordiales

Paco López Gómez
  • Answer
  • Answered

EN

Hello,

After many discussions with our Product Owners from different platforms (netexCloud, learningCloud, etc.)  unfortunately we not going to give any documentation of World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) because learningCloud is a platform in full expansion and from a start (unfortunately) was created not focused  in accessibility. 

Therefore, start now would mean a refactoring and further roadmap delays that neither the company nor our customers are willing to assume. From now on, Netex will put more effort to adapt our actual modules if in the future we decide to perform this accessibility improvement but the scope, complete adaptation and documentation release won't be part of our roadmap next 2020 and will be retake into discussion for 2021. 

To summarize, the commun point on the discussions was that it only can be achieved when we reach a point of stabilization that makes it development assumable.

Thanks in advance for sharing your concerns we take into account every question and idea raised in this portal.

Kind Regards

ES

Hola,

Después de muchas discusiones con nuestros Product Owners de diferentes plataformas (netexCloud, learningCloud, etc.) desafortunadamente no vamos a dar ninguna documentación del World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) porque learningCloud es una plataforma en plena expansión y desde un principio (desafortunadamente) no fue creada de cara a su accesibilidad.

Por lo tanto, empezar ahora significaría una refactorización y más retrasos en la hoja de ruta que ni la empresa ni nuestros clientes están dispuestos a asumir. A partir de ahora, Netex se esforzará más en adaptar nuestros módulos actuales si en el futuro decidimos realizar esta mejora de la accesibilidad, pero el alcance, la adaptación completa y la liberación de la documentación no formarán parte de nuestra hoja de ruta en el próximo año 2020 y se retomarán en la discusión para el año 2021.

En resumen, el punto común de las discusiones fue que sólo se puede lograr cuando se alcanza un punto de estabilización que hace que el desarrollo sea asumible.

Gracias de antemano por compartir sus inquietudes, tomamos en cuenta cada pregunta e idea planteada en este portal.

Saludos cordiales

anonymous

Hello, Im interested in the W3C’s Accessibility Guidelines, if you are using this kind of guidelines in the development of your content creation.  For example.  Are you considering the principles of  a content to be Perceivable and Operable? Can I develop a content for blind people?

Tnx

Videoarts
  • Searching answer

Hi,

My question was in regards to general accessibility of the platform for people with disabilities such as blindness.

Paco López Gómez
  • Waiting reporter's answer
Quote from Videoarts

Hi,

I don't have a list of requirements, I am just trying to find out what level of compliance the play platform has with W3C standards?

Best Regards

Dear Videoarts,

Our Product Manager needs to know better what kind of W3C compliance are you asking for. 

W3C has a lot of standards e.g.

• Accesibility
  • Internationalization
  • Architecture

Would you mind to explain what are you trying to accomplish in order we can provide the more accurate answer?

Best Regards

Ntx Support
  • Searching answer
Videoarts

Hi,

I don't have a list of requirements, I am just trying to find out what level of compliance the play platform has with W3C standards?

Best Regards

Paco López Gómez
  • Waiting reporter's answer
anonymous

Good morning,

Regarding W3C which topic are you asking for? Do you have some list of requirement that we need to be compliant with in order to give you details about?

Thank you!

Regards

Ntx Support
  • Searching answer
 Commenting is disabled